As we announced during our previous progress update, a testnet mobile app is being released to help test the first version of the features developed. We are excited to announce the Testnet Program Version 1. This program aims at gathering feedback, bugs, and any improvements from the users directly. This is the very initial first stage of testing that will be done by the users and is expected to gather lots of feedback. let's call it early alpha, alpha version :P
Let us understand the Testnet App expectation
It has been only a few months into the development of the platform, and the team has achieved lots of goals early on the roadmap. Specifically, goals from the end of Q1 2023 are already completed. This does not mean that we are early on the overall roadmap but instead provides us with a good amount of time to improve and solidify the platform and its components. The features developed already will also go through lots of refinements as we progress and as we gather feedback from the users.
Things will break and are expected to break!
How can you participate in testing?
- The testing program is open for the Milo NFT holders. If you do not own one, you can get one while the minting is live.
- Join the Flac Finance Discord to communicate feedback, and interact with the team.
- More the Milo NFTs you have, the more you will be able to interact with the mobile app.
How does it work, what do you need?
We will be airdropping tFLAC (testnet tFLAC tokens) to the Milo NFT holders over the PreProd testnet network. Yes, and probably the first project to do this, we will be snapshotting the Milo NFT holders on the mainnet network, and airdrop tFLAC tokens to their wallets on the PreProd testnet network.
- Download the app for Android or iOS (details in Discord)
- Register an account.
- Next, you will need a wallet that supports PreProd testnet. We recommend using Typhon Wallet.
- You will receive a limited number of testnet tokens every 12h into your wallet to deposit to the Flac App and use it.
- Below is the token/Milo ratio (This will change/increase as we progress)
- Cardano Edition — 20 tFLAC tokens
- Flac Edition — 10 tFLAC tokens
- Standard Edition — 5 tFLAC tokens
- more the Milo NFTs, more the tokens. eg. if you have 3 Milos, you will receive 3x the tokens.
6. You can then deposit the tokens to the Flac mobile app to use it.
What's in it for the testers?
While the testers spend their valuable time finding those pesky bugs and providing feedback, they must be rewarded. We will be rewarding the testers with mainnet FLAC tokens at the end of the testing program.
The amount of tokens one can earn is totally up to the tester themselves. The more the activity testers will perform on the app the more rewarding it will be. The activity includes performing transactions on the app, providing feedback to the team, and submitting bug reports. We will be filtering out any abnormal activity that will try to trick the system. Hence it is a must that one acts as an organic contributor.
There will be more details for the testers on the Flac Discord.